Emirates Gas took the initiative of introducing cleanest burning fuel up to date, Compressed Natural Gas (CNG), to Dubai to provide a clean and green alternative automotive fuel to users. CNG offers several benefits including environmental, lower cost of maintenance, better engine performance and safe upkeep alternative to automotive fuel.
Our introduction of CNG is in line with Dubai Vision 2021 and the Dubai Clean Energy Strategy 2050 to provide sustainable development by setting laws and regulations to reduce air, water and land pollution by using more environmentally friendly transportation fuels to reduce carbon footprint.
The advantages of CNG:
- Cleanest burning fuel operating today
- Vehicles produce the least emissions of any motor fuel
- In gasoline vehicles, fueling emissions account for at least 50% of a vehicle’s total hydrocarbon emissions
- Generates less air pollutants and greenhouse gases
- Greatly reduces tailpipe emissions from gasoline operated cars
Key Performance, Maintenance and Safety Advantages
- Dedicated CNG engines are superior in performance to gasoline engines
- CNG has an octane rating of 130 and has a slight efficiency advantage over gasoline
- Because CNG is already in a gaseous state, Natural Gas Vehicles (NGV’s) have superior starting and drivability, even under severe hot and cold weather conditions
- May reduce maintenance costs by as much as 40%
- Intervals between tune-ups and oil changes for natural gas vehicles are extended
- CNG is now considered the safest fuel within the transportation sector CNG Applications
Emirates Gas is also conducting studies to make available CNG as an industrial fuel.